Although strongly encouraged to blog the following statements only represent my own, thoughts, ideas and opinions and in no way reflects those of my friends, colleagues or employer.

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Keeping it Positive

It's been a very long time since I have felt compelled to expand and push forward my professional learning. As a classroom teacher for 17 years I was very comfortable meeting the needs of my students and participated in professional learning as required or directed without really any interest or personal investment.  However, I always knew I could/should have been  doing more.

So I made a very conscious choice to reinvest in myself and my profession and become the learner that my students needed. Now, I am learning at a fantastic pace. (Am I making up for all those years that I didn't?) It has become an avalanche of new information everyday and it is taking some time to process it all. There is not much time to reflect or respond or even organize the information that would allow me to do so.

Nevertheless, I am excited about this new learning venture that I have taken! Despite the long hours, extra demands on my time and some tears (some of them mine) I am willing to ride the wave and keep it postive!



No comments:

Post a Comment